info on exotic species (plants, that is)

Michael R. Martin, Adirondack Aquatic Institute mmartin at shrsys.hslc.org
Fri Oct 21 02:49:13 EST 1994

I am looking for information on invasive exotic plant species.
In particular, purple {oosestrife (Lythrum salicaria) .

I know that this plant escaped somewhere south (VA ?) and has been making
its way northward. New Jersey NH and VT have been invaded over the past
decade or so. Now here in the orthern Adirondacks, we are just starting to
see it.

I have been surfing the net for three hours looking for possible leads.

send me personal email if you can, but I will check back here, too.

mm