Crop Circle Research Groups in the US

Lew Proudfoot lproudfoot at
Tue Oct 25 16:06:26 EST 1994

In article <383ihr$31c at>, ajt at wrote:

> Ah, but there *is* a scientific interest in this area as you have
> pointed out, so don't back off too quickly!
> Apart from the blatant frauds that have now been exposed, and the very low
> probability that we have been visited by aliens, why do crop circles occur?
>         Tony.
> --
> Dr. A.J.Travis,                       |  JANET: <ajt at>
> Rowett Research Institute,            |  other: <ajt at>
> Greenburn Road, Bucksburn,            |  phone: +44 (0)224 712751
> Aberdeen, AB2 9SB. UK.                |    fax: +44 (0)224 716687

I have not seen evidence that crop circles unexplained by the two popular
theories exist - is there a need to continue searching for further
explanations?  "Skeptical Enquirer," particularly, has published several
thorough articles explaining crop circles.

I would like to know if there are unexplained circles that do not look
like ones known to be artificial - they are very attractive, and it would
be nice to see ones generated without human or alien interference.