medicinal plants

rapienmk at hiram.edu rapienmk at hiram.edu
Sun Oct 30 15:34:33 EST 1994

           Hello!  I have a question which hopefully someone will be able to
answer.   I am writing a paper on medicinal properties of certain plants.  The
plants I am concentrating on are:  willow, catnip, witch hazel, bloodroot,
stinging nettle, and mayapple.  I need information about their uses, the
chemical composition of their active ingredients, and modern medical
derivatives and/or synthetic substitutes.  I am trying to look this
information up in my college library, but without a computerized system it is
difficult and tedious to find updated useful information.  If anyone knows
anything about these plants, or knows what books or journals I could turn to,
your help would be greatly appreciated.  Please send replies to my e-mail
address if possible.   Thank you very much for your time.
                                                          Sincerely,
                                                               Mary Rapien