Ref. to Identify plants

TGray tgray at aol.com
Sat Sep 3 22:34:01 EST 1994

In article <grantr.17.00009C2A at maroon.tc.umn.edu>,
grantr at maroon.tc.umn.edu (Grant E. Rostig, D.C.) writes:

Does anyone know of a good and scholarly book covering the identification
of
American plants?  Must have good pictures/drawings.  I have seen the
Peterson
Guides.

Thanks

Since you live in Minnesota, I can recommend an excellent text for the
Eastern U.S. extending to the western boundary of Minnesota:

Gleason, Henry and Arthur Cronquist, _Manual of Vascular Plants_. New
York: D. Van Nostrand Company, 1963.

This was my college Taxonomy textbook.  Unfortunately, it has no pictures,
but you can't get a better book on identification.