Victoria Waterlily seeds wanted

Jack Honeycutt Jack.Honeycutt at f52.n105.z1.fidonet.org
Mon Sep 5 14:02:38 EST 1994

Hello All!

I have just compleated building a large pond with the idea of growing the
Victoria waterlily.  I still have to build the pump house and install the solar and the modified swimming pool heater. But the gas, power and all the piping are roughed into the pump house sight.

Victoria amazonica may be a bit much for me to start off with.  I am thinking
that what I need may be V cruziana.  I think (but do not know for sure) that the Longwood variety does not produce fertile seeds.  But if it does, I would like to give that, as well as the V cruziana a try.

I am in Portland Oregon, and contrary to what you might think, we do have a few 100 degree days here and there during the summer.  And I know a variety of Victoria is growing in unheated pools in the Denver Botanical Garden, and they get more snow than we do. <g>

I would like to exchange information with anyone having experence growing any variety of this waterlily.

August and September are times for seeds, so if you have a few to spare, I am looking for some.

Thanks!

Jack