Ref. to Identify plants

Julius L Heinis jheinis at mailer.fsu.edu
Wed Sep 7 11:44:20 EST 1994

TGray (tgray at aol.com) wrote:
: In article <grantr.17.00009C2A at maroon.tc.umn.edu>,
: grantr at maroon.tc.umn.edu (Grant E. Rostig, D.C.) writes:

: Does anyone know of a good and scholarly book covering the identification
: of
: American plants?  Must have good pictures/drawings.  I have seen the
: Peterson
: Guides.

: Thanks

: Since you live in Minnesota, I can recommend an excellent text for the
: Eastern U.S. extending to the western boundary of Minnesota:

: Gleason, Henry and Arthur Cronquist, _Manual of Vascular Plants_. New
: York: D. Van Nostrand Company, 1963.

: This was my college Taxonomy textbook.  Unfortunately, it has no pictures,
: but you can't get a better book on identification.
--
Greetings from J.H., the learning machine!