Nitrogen burn or depletion...

Christian J. Brennan afn01731 at freenet2.freenet.ufl.edu
Fri Sep 23 14:26:54 EST 1994

Hello!

In our outdoor garden my wife and I noticed some leaves on our plants
were turning yellow.  Starting from the tip of the plants, they are
crispy brown, and loosing clorophyll from the outer edges and working its
way inward.  The root structures are healthy-a mauve color, almost
white.  This leads me to think since the roots aren't getting burned,
the yellowing of the leaves cannot be caused by a nitrogen burn, and
perhaps it nitrogen depletion...

Can anyone confirm this?  As well, we are trying to grow things without
chemicals, can anyone recommend a good natural nitrogen supplement?

Thanks for your time.

Respectfully,
Jim.