Is the RHS Dictionary any good ?

Giovanni Resta resta at iei.pi.cnr.it
Mon Sep 26 07:54:17 EST 1994

I posted this some days ago in rec.garden and I got no answer.
So I try here, sorry if you read it twice.

I've just seen the ad of the
"The New Royal Horticultural Society Dictionaty - Index
 of Garden Plants" (1994)
according to the ad it has 1234pp. and provide revised names for over
60,000 ornamental and economic plants, and "each plant named
carries a brief description and a hardiness rating" (no photos).

Does someone know this book? Is it any good ?
How much detailed are the descriptions ?
(Well 60,000 / 1234 > 48, so they must be very concise !)
Thanks,
Giovanni Resta - resta at iei.pi.cnr.it