Question, cell wall isolation.

Thomas Bjorkman Thomas_Bjorkman at cornell.edu
Mon Sep 26 09:52:39 EST 1994

In article <364kt4$q5u at populus.slu.se>, b0jansve at ulmo.stud.slu.se (Jan
Svensson) wrote:

> Is it anybody out there how knows a good method for isolating cell walls
> from embryogenic suspension cultures of norway spruce and of carrots.

It depends on what you want the walls for.  To use the walls as substrate
for wall-degrading fungal enzymes, I identified the procedure of:
Nagahashi, G. et al.  1985. Purification of cell wall fragments by sucrose
gradient centrifugation.  Protoplasma 129:36-43

--
Thomas Bjorkman    Dept. of Horticultural Sciences   Cornell University