'Carnivorous' Plants - Need Expert(s)

Clarke Brunt clarke at brunt.demon.co.uk
Sat Apr 1 16:13:30 EST 1995

In Article <3lcn5k$jn at anshar.shadow.net> Ed Griffin writes:
>This appears to be a learned newgroup - please forgive the intrusion,
>but I don't know where else to start.
>
>I need to find either
>
> - a Society devoted to 'carnivorous' plants in general and Nepenthes
>spp. in particular (I know there's one in California somewhere), or
>
>- a botanist who is knowledgeable about the cultivation of Nepenthes
>spp..
>
>I have one Nepenthes, species unknown (reference books disappeared
>with Andrew), which clambers about my patio, and for the first time it
>is flowering. I need to know if a single plant will set seed, ageing
>and germination of seed if set, & etc..

Try the carnivorous plant mailing list. Send mail to
listserv at opus.hpl.hp.com, putting in the message the line:
subscribe CP Your name

You might also put 'help' on another line, for the listserv help.
The same listserv also runs a list called CACTI_ETC.

The people on these lists must know most of what there is to know
on these subjects. There is also a Web site associated with the CP
list.

--
Clarke Brunt (clarke at brunt.demon.co.uk)