Biology/Evironmental Summer Camp

Richard Rogers rrogers at cs.washington.edu
Sun Apr 9 20:55:44 EST 1995

     Ken McCann & The Northwest Center For Environmental Education  present:

Summer Camp with the Whales, Eagles, Porpoises, Otters, Seals, Birds and Plants
                         of The San Juan Islands

Ken McCann [The Whale Man] is proud to announce the illustrious beginning of
"The Northwest Center For Environmental Education," a non-profit organization
located at the beautiful "Madrona Center" on San Juan Island.  Students of all
ages are invited to participate in adventures and activities designed to
enrich, enlighten and educate.

Activities will include:

   * Whale watching
   * Kayaking
   * Ethnobotany
   * Shoreline habitat exploration
   * Bird watching
   * Astronomy
   * Fun, Music & Games

The Madrona Center is superbly adapted for our needs and we feel extremely
fortunate that owner Jayne Atkinson is so much in tune with our goals and
purpose.  Many of you will remember Jayne as the actress who played the part
of the boy's mother in the movie "Free Willy".  Jayne will be on site and has
indicated her desire to share an evening with the students.  Facilities include
a large bunkhouse, geodesic dome, and a full kitchen.

Each week will include wildlife cruises around the islands, a visit to the
Whale Museum, Wolf Hollow Wildlife Rehabilitation Center, and Westcott Bay
Oyster Farm.  Extra curricular activities will include musical entertainment
in the dome, special guest speakers, and games.  Your participation is eagerly
anticipated and I personally look forward to renewing acquaintances with many
of you.  Tammy Haldeman of Northwest Excursions will be bringing 20 Japanese
Junior High students for the week of August 19th, so for those of you
interested in sharing a week with students from Japan, this presents a
wonderful opportunity.

Schedule:

   Week 1     July 30   to   August 4
   Week 2     August 6  to   August 11
   Week 3     August 13 to   August 18
   Week 4     August 20 to   August 26
   Week 5     August 27 to   September 1

Cost per week will be $550.00 per person.  Spaces are limited, please register
as soon as possible.

All interested in sharing a fun-filled, action-packed adventure, please contact
Tammy at 1-206-888-9354 or Ken at 1-206-365-6098.

Address correspondence to:

   Ken McCann, C/O Tammy Haldeman
   46707 SE Mt. Si Rd.
   North Bend, WA 98045