who

beffagna at IMIUCCA.CSI.UNIMI.IT beffagna at IMIUCCA.CSI.UNIMI.IT
Wed Apr 12 06:23:07 EST 1995

Hallo, stomata people,
     my name is Nicoletta Beffagna and I recently asked to add my name to
the stomata list. I just want to introduce me and give a rough idea about my
research interests. I have been working for many years (since 1972) in a
plant transport group at the Milano University. During the last ten years my
work has been mainly addressed to the study of the regulation of
intracellular pH by the plasmalemma H+ pump (and viceversa) in higher
plants. One field of interest of my group is also the study of the effects
of ABA or, more generally, of stress situations on cytoplasmic pH and ion
fluxes. Thus, as most of the ABA effects have been (and still are) studied
on stomata, I'm very interested in joining stomata list.
                                                   Nicoletta

Nicoletta Beffagna
Universit=E0 degli Studi di Milano
Dipartimento di Biologia
Sezione di Fisiologia e Biochimica delle Piante
via Celoria 26
20133 Milano=20
Italy
   =20