tropical soda apple

Mike mlstokes at unity.ncsu.edu
Thu Apr 13 21:11:46 EST 1995

In article <3lsatm$mgt at sernews.raleigh.ibm.com>, pundit at vnet.ibm.com says:

>I have recently heard of a new weed which is apparently ravaging Florida and
>spreading through Alabama and Mississippi.  It is called "tropical Soda
>Apple".  I am told that it is a thorny, woody, weed that is as said to
>be "the next Kudzu".
>
>Where can I get more information?  Pictures?  Suggested web sites?
>
>Many thanks,
>
>Wesley J. Miller

Wesley,

	I tried earlier to reply to your inquiry earlier but I think the message was lost.
The foremost authority on Tropical Soda Apple is Randy Westbrooks, he has all the latest USDA information
on TSA.
	Generally, TSA has also been discovered in Alabama(6 sites in 6 counties) and Toombs county Georgia.
In these particular cases, TSA was found growing in bags of "Black COW" cow manure. The USDA will be releasing the latest information on TSA
in May 1995.
	If you have any other questions contact Dr. Westbrooks at the following address.

	Randy G. Westbrooks
	USDA / APHIS
	Whiteville Plant Methods Center
	Whiteville, NC
	(910)-648-4115
	Call Center to recieve his e-mail address