MOSQUITO PLANTS INFO

Ray Dobert rdobert at NALUSDA.GOV
Mon Apr 24 08:39:22 EST 1995

Rob,

The only info I can turn up on citronella and genetic engineering is an
article in the NY Times from July 25, 1991 entitled "Flameless
citronella, or how plant may join the war on mosquitoes", by A. Raver
(page B1,B5).  It apparently contains info on protoplast fusion technique
in this species.  I have not seen the article so can't provide any of the
specifics.  Hope this helps.

Ray Dobert
| Raymond C. Dobert, Ph.D.                       voice: (301)-504-5340      |
| Coordinator, Biotechnology Information Center    Fax: (301)-504-7098      |
| Natl. Agricultural Library - USDA             email: rdobert at nalusda.gov  |
| 10301 Baltimore Blvd.                                biotech at nalusda.gov  |
| Beltsville, MD  20705-2351  USA                                           |