plant identification

Andrea Via ez054637 at chip.ucdavis.edu
Tue Apr 25 19:14:29 EST 1995

There was a plant I saw once that I really liked, but I can't remember
what it is called.  I believe it is a Hawaian plant and it hung down from
a hanging basket.  The flowers were in small clusters and the majority of
the flower was white.  They dripped a honey like liquid and I was told it
was edible, although they didn't produce enough to do much with.  The
flowers were a squarish shape before opening then opened to a star shape.

The leaves were simple and opposite.  They were either lanceolate or
ovate in shape with smooth margins.  They were pinnately veined with the
side veins close to invisible.

If anyone could give me any ideas on what this plant is and what sort of
conditons it grows in, I'd appreciate it.

						Andrea