***Daphne odora***

Brent Dickerson odinthor at csulb.edu
Wed Apr 26 18:54:26 EST 1995

For some research being done, I would appreciate very much if someone
familiar with Daphne odora could describe the characteristic fragrance of
the plant's blossoms, and tell how it could be "forced" to bloom in early
December (the site in question is in New England).

Can anyone tell me how common the plant would have been in the mid- or
late-19th century New England?  Would it have been looked upon as rare or
exotic by a "layman" (i.e., non-academic) gardener?

Many thanks for your assistance!  If you wish, you may respond to my
e-mail address:  odinthor at csulb.edu

Best Wishes,

--BCD