SAND CULTURE

Heidi-Jayne Hawkins Hawk at Hohenheim.net
Fri Apr 28 11:04:23 EST 1995

I have been advised to use x5 concentrated hydroponic solution for
sand culture.  I am using LANS (Long Ashton Solution ) and have used
x5 concentration as advised (with N concentration of 8 mM).  However,
after 3 weeks the plants appear burned and with some yellowing - to
me the symptoms (others) are those of salt stress!  Is some rinsing with
water not required?  Could someone please advise me in this simple
matter as I have only experience with cell culture and hydroponics.

Thanks,
Heidi