DO LILIES PRODUCE VIABLE SEEDS?

Sophie Weirich sweirich at cln.etc.bc.ca
Tue Aug 1 18:32:41 EST 1995

Hello,

My name is Sophie Weirich.  I am a grade 11 student in British Columbia.
I am doing research on the effects of ultraviolet radiation on plant
reproduction.  I need to know if Star-Gazer lilies will produce a viable
seed, and if so a technique for germinating them.  If you have any
information on this or know of someone working in a related area, please
contact me, I would appreciate any advice you can offer.  If Star-Gazers
do not produce viable seed, I need a species that will meet the following
three pieces of criteria:
	1. Produce viable seed that I can go from pollination - seed  -
germination in about 3 - 4 months.
	2. Have well defined stigmas and anthers.
	3. Bloom between September and early November.
I look forward to hearing from you soon,

Sophie Weirich
sweirich at cln.etc.bc.ca
(604) 864-9820