Scale insect

Gary Reany greany at calvin.stemnet.nf.ca
Fri Aug 11 11:17:08 EST 1995

Help!!!  I've got a number of houseplants with scale insects.  I've been
picking them off but I'm falling behind.  Can anyone suggest a
nontoxic method or treatment to get rid of them.  I am aware that one
way is to dab them with alcohol, but it's just as easy to pick them
off.  Is it necessary to remove the soil and wash off the roots?  Can
someone explain the lifecycle of this insect to me?  Please email or post!!

--
Gary Reany                              #####     ?????    .!!!.    SSSSS
greany at calvin.stemnet.nf.ca           <( - o )>  {(@ @)}  : b b :  [ a a ]

Skunk Philosophy....I STINK...THEREFORE I AM!