Good Identification Books

dsulman at facstaff.wisc.edu dsulman at facstaff.wisc.edu
Wed Aug 16 17:13:30 EST 1995

  clarkl at uwrf.edu (Lisa Clark) wrote:
>Could anyone recomend a good beginners book, for indoor/outdoor, plant and
>tree identification?  I'm new at this and looking for a good source to start
>with.
>Thanks.

I use the Field Guide to Wildflowers of NE and North central North America, by Roger Tory Peterson and Margaret McKenny.  It is arranged by color and shape instead of family, so it is good for a beginner.
	Another good one is Field Guide to Wildflowers and Weeds, by James H. Zimmerman and Booth Courtenay.
	Both aren't totally comprehensive, but what plants you'll find as a beginner are sure to be in them.

									From:   Bloated in Madison, WI