Scale insect

Grold grold at aol.com
Sat Aug 19 22:29:50 EST 1995

Help--I have a green stripe bamboo and for years now I cant beat the scale
problem.  I have tried spraying every week with special scale insecticide,
then special oil based insecticide then systemic treatment and nothing
seems to work.  I now break off the branches that are infected and that
keeps me somewhat ahead of the game.  (When I spray, most of the leaves
die--even after I have pruned).  Any ideas to take care of this naturally,
because I hate to spray insecticides in my house (the bamboo is very large
and cannot be moved)--the dogs then might be effected by the spray that
gets in the carpet.   Please help.
thank you. email appreciated.