KamR

Brian Osborne bosborne at NATURE.BERKELEY.EDU
Tue Aug 22 12:40:08 EST 1995

>I want to select transgenic tobacco plants on soil by spraying Kam solution.
>Can I do that?
>
>If so, could you please show me the concentration of the Kam solution.
>
>I usually use the 200mg/l Kam for the agarose medium.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>            Atsushi Ishikawa       Fukui Prefectural University
>            e-mail                        fk01090 at pluto.cis.fpu.ac.jp
>            TEL                             81-776-61-6000 (ext. 3516)
>            FAX                             81-776-61-6015

I'm sorry, I don't know the answer! But, here's a reference for
spraying tomato plants with the antibiotic in question :

Weide, R., Koornneef, M., and Zabel, P. (1989). A simple non-destructive
spraying assay for the detection of an active kanamycin resistance gene in
transgenic tomato plants. Theor. Appl. Genet. 78, 169-172.

Brian I. Osborne
Plant Gene Expression Center
800 Buchanan St.
Albany CA 94710 USA