Actinomeris or Verbesina preferred?

Steve Levine 73631.532 at CompuServe.COM
Sat Aug 26 19:39:58 EST 1995

For a long time now, I've been referring to wingstem as
Actinomeris alternifolia.  Now, I'm checking Hortus to see which
native plants are listed, and I see they are preferring the genus
name Verbesina.  As Hortus Third is now nearly 20 years old, I'm
not sure whether to change the genus name in my database or not.
I have Britton & Brown's and Grey's, but they are even more out
of date.  What is the preferred genus name now?

Steve..