Pine cones

Colin Dawson szsdawsn at reading.ac.uk
Thu Aug 31 16:43:16 EST 1995

To any botanist out there who might be able to help a
zoologist. At the moment I am investigating pine cones because
of the way they open and close according to the weather. I
have not been able to find any published data on the anatomy
or morphology of pine cones. I would be exteremly grateful to
anyone who might be able to help by giving me some references
or pointing me in the direction of someone who has carried out
research in this area. I would appreicaited if replies could
be emailed to me.  Thanks. Colin Dawson