Angels Wing

Ray Warner rwarner at cix.compulink.co.uk
Thu Dec 7 02:35:56 EST 1995

Caladium Hortulanum - 5 cultivars listed in my publication, namely
"candidum" white with green veins, "Mrs Halderman" White/Silver withRed
veins, "Rosebud" Green border red/white centre red viens, "Frieda Hemple"
Green border, red centre and "Lord Derby" Sheel pink, with green
mottling, and green veins. Grown from tubers, and do not allow the
temperature to drop below 60 F, better at 70 F. Moderate lighting away
from direct sunlight, Water freely in growing season, mist frequently
esp. in Spring. Foliage dies down in September. Stop watering and keep
tubers at about 60 f in pots or in peat. Replant in march. Apparently
these plants are so sensitive to cold that some have died after being
taken from a warm shop and walked in the cold to a car a driven home.
Although they are undoubtly attractive I don't think I will bother.

Ray Warner