DNA extractions

Xiao-Hui Wang xhwang at MIT.EDU
Thu Dec 7 17:37:25 EST 1995

> > I have had problems purifying genomic DNA for southerns from
potato..

Hi,

I would like to suggest an alternative method for plant DNA minipreps
developed by Stephen Dellaporta, J. Wood and James Hicks in Cold Spring
Harbor Lab: "A Plant DNA Minipreparation: Version II, Plant Molecular
Biology Reporter, vol. 1:19-21.

This method is widely used in different plants (dicots and monocots),
and a small amount of DNA (for 1-2 Southern blots) can be obtained from
plantlets (less than 0.5 g). By the way, DNA quality is pretty
satisfactory.

Good Luck,

Xiao-Hui Wang