poison ivy

Stuart Dogger sdogger at EOS.HITC.COM
Mon Dec 11 18:34:19 EST 1995

With regard to the following which I came across on the Net, do you have any
follow-up info? I would much appreciate any that you have. Thanks.

Stuart Dogger

To: plant-biology at net.bio.net
From: mamber at synapse.bms.com (mamber)
Subject: Re: Rhus Toxidendron Vaccine
Date: 3 Nov 1994 14:16:44 GMT

In article <38h3kf$br at gazette.bcm.tmc.edu>, cbarone at mbcr.bcm.tmc.edu
(Christopher Barone) says:

>Any information on the development of a vaccine or desensitization for pioson
ivy
>would be graetly appreciated!

Every spring between about 1966 and 1972, I received 4 weekly IM (gluteal)
injections of a
vaccine known as IVYOL, manufactured by Merck (I think).  It seemed to work for
me but after
changing MDs, the new MD said that the product was no longer manufactured as a
result of
the FDA claiming it really didn't work!  However, I think being poison
ivy/oak-free for 6-7 years
was a bit more than a placebo effect.  SWM

mamber at synapse.bms.com