Re-PlantMetabText Responses

Walter Schmid schmid at science.siu.edu
Tue Dec 12 15:01:34 EST 1995

Subject:    Re:PlantMetabText Responses
For the general information of those who might be interested:

Thanks to all who responded to our request for advice on a Plant Metabolism
text.
So far I have heard from the following:
  Kathleen Archer who recommended "Plant Physiology, Biochemistry, and
Molecular Biology" by Dennis & Turpin. ISBN 0-582-46052-2.
  Dan Guerra who recommended the July 1995 Issue of Plant Cell which is
devoted to plant biochemistry.
  Elaine Radwanski who also recommended July 1995 Plant Cell.
  Alyson Tobin who also recommended Dennis and Turpin as well as "Plant
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology" which is edited by Lea and Leegood
(Longman, UK).
  Brian Tague who also recommended Dennis and Turpin.

This list is as of 2 PM CST on 12 December 1995.
We had already considered all of these and they remain in the running.
Thanks for the responses. As more come in (if they do) I will put them into
Plant-Biology and Plant-Education for general information.

Walter E. Schmid