orchid identification

barbara harris bharris at usit.net
Wed Dec 13 22:42:26 EST 1995

 I recently (in late October) took a birding trip to Oaxaca, Mexico. While
I was there, I saw an unkown species of orchid. I managed to get a good
sketch of it in my journal so I could get an ID of it back in the U.S.
  Since then, I've tried local greenhouses, museums, and libraries to no
avail. No illustration looks like my orchid. Is there a good guide on
Mexican orchids published anywhere? Are there any Mexican orchid experts
who can help me out?
I'll be happy to answer further questions about it or provide a description
via this spot for anyone who's interested.
                                              Sincerely,
                                                  Barbara Harris