NEED HELP WITH GERMINATION TESTS

Kurt Sepp Deifel kurt at tmba.design.net.au
Thu Dec 21 05:35:27 EST 1995

Please help me,

I currently work in a Nusery growing Lettuce and other vegetable
seedlings and we have trouble from time to time with seed lines.

I simply seed one seed in every hole and grow on and this is how we
currently test our germination.  It is very rough and crude and would
like something better.

The one thing that we would like to test for is seed vigour.  Is there a
system or test that can be applied to this such as putting a small
piece of wet paper towling on each cell and see if the seed can push it
up or is there anything better.

Please E-mail and post your reply.

Thankyou in return,

Regards,