plant cell culture

Don Chen chend at ucs.orst.edu
Sun Dec 31 01:26:41 EST 1995

Hi:

I would appreciate any help to protocols, cell lines, references, etc.
to cell culture of tissue from grasses (annual bluegrass, downey
brome) and winter wheat.  In particular, I am interested in cell
culture derived from roots and shoots of young plants (0-3 months).  I
would like to devise an assay of purported phytotoxins expressed by
soil bacteria that are able to inhibit the growth of these plants
(there is one report in a grass that plant cell lipids are the
target).

In a somewhat related topic, I have been told that there are plant
analogues to mammalian cytokines.  This is unfamiliar territory for
me, so I need help here as well.

Thanks for any help you can provide me.

Sincerely,

Don Chen

Don Chen            *  Standard disclaimers apply here.
USDA-ARS-NFSPRC     *
3450 SW Campus Way  *
Corvallis, OR 97331 *
                    *