Question about the Alkaloids of Laburnum Anagroides

C:WINSOCKKA9QSPOOLMAIL lily at namber.demon.co.uk
Thu Feb 2 16:17:57 EST 1995

Dear All,

I'm new to this newsgroup and I'm trying to find out some information
on Alkaloids of Laburnum Anagroides, I'm also trying to find some web
sites on Pharmacognosy and Pharmacy in general, any help would be great.

Here goes

I'm trying to find out about the extraction of seed alkaloides and the
names of the other minor alkaloids that are also present.

I am also trying to find out how to isolate Cytisine by TLC and results
to be expected.

Any other information about Laburnum Anagroides regarding its
toxicological effects and any other common british plants which also
contain quinolizidine alkaloids would be a great help.

If anybody can point me in the direction of hosts where I can get Any
photos or diagrams of the plants that would be useful too.

internet for a few days

TIA
Lily

Lily - lily at namber.demon.co.uk