How to terminate poplars in a treefriendly way ???

Ellen Sutter egsutter at UCDAVIS.EDU
Mon Feb 6 20:47:08 EST 1995

On Mon, 6 Feb 1995, Frank_Rademaker wrote:

> Can anyone tell me how I environmentally correct kill poplar trees. I hea=
rd of=20
> a beetle that causes the effect, but don=B4t know how to get it. If anyon=
e can=20
> give me the proper SERIOUS solution ? For those who CAN give me the solut=
ion:
> $75,-  reward!
>=20
> Thanks in advance....
>=20
> Frank

Please do NOT get hold of a beetle that kills poplars.  How do you know=20
that others around you want their poplars killed also.  And what is that=20
environmentally sound way gibberish.  Using beetles is slow and painful. =
=20
Just end it and cut down the trees if you must - but certainly don't=20
introduce a pest that can potentially cause serious damage not only to=20
your poplars but to others' as well and maybe even other species..
=09Ellen Sutter>=20