Jade Plant problems

AbJam abjam at aol.com
Thu Feb 9 02:20:02 EST 1995

I can't seem to find a more appropriate newsgroup or mailing list for my
question, so I opted to at least try to get help here.

I have a sizable jade plant (Sizeable for a houseplant here in Maine) It's
roughly 5 years old and about 2-2.5 feet across. I've noticed the last
week or so that where the leaves meet the branches, white 'gunk' is
appearing. It almost looks like a powdre, but when I touch it with my
finger it smears.

Because I live in apartment with electric heat, my home tends to be dry,
hence, I have lots of plants to expire moisture into the air. I recently
got a small hand mister and had been misting the jade (this last week) but
I stopped today until I can be sure the mister isn't in some way causing
the white stuff.

Any help will be much appreciated!

Mark-

Ab-