HELP! Resurrection Plant, Rose of Jericho, Selaginellacae?

George Livsey georgel at starbase.neosoft.com
Mon Feb 13 11:24:20 EST 1995

I have been going nuts looking for information on a plant species
commonly known as the Rose of Jericho or Resurrection plant.  I found a
printed reference in "Arid Land Plant Resources", Texas Tech University
Press, 1978 that identified it as Selaginella leipidophylla but I can't
find any other references to it. Not at Harvard, U of California, U. of
Texas, the Smithsonian or the EPA.  I can find plenty of refernces on
selaginellacea but not this species.  I suspect that this might be a case
of mis-classification.  If you can offer any pointers,  I would gretly
appreciate it.

George Livsey