is AGRICOLA online?

Bradley K. Sherman bks at s27w007.pswfs.gov
Sun Feb 12 21:11:01 EST 1995

In article <Pine.3.89.9502121751.A7517-0100000 at maroon.tc.umn.edu> robin019 at MAROON.TC.UMN.EDU (Dave L Robinson) writes:

>Does anyone know whether the citation-searching index called AGRICOLA is
>accessible on the Internet???? I thought it was, but I looked through the
>gopher of the National Agricultural Library in Maryland, and it doesn't
>seem to list it anymore. I swear I used it a couple of months ago!

There is a subset of AGRICOLA available through NAL.  I believe that
there are legal issues involved in making the entire index available.
I just tried <gopher://locus.nalusda.gov> and there are some entries
there.  I believe that NAL intends to move that gopher to another
machine, so one might want to scout around
the NAL WWW server at <http://probe.nalusda.gov:8000/index.html>

    --bks

--
Bradley K. Sherman             | Institute of Forest Genetics
bks at s27w007.pswfs.gov          |                 P.O. Box 245