Solar Aquatics/Living Machines

Kathleen M. Heldreth heldreth at esvx12.es.dupont.com
Mon Feb 13 15:29:59 EST 1995

In article <3hc5t6$1bfs at usenetp1.news.prodigy.com>, XXSR22A at prodigy.com (James Gravely) writes:
>HELP!!!
>
>MY DAUGHTER IS DOING A SCIENCE FAIR PROJECT AND WE ARE IN NEED OF GOOD
>SOURCES OF INFOMATION.  PEOPLE ARE CALLING IT DIFFERENT THINGS SO I WILL
>TRY TO DISCRIBE WHAT WE ARE DOING.
>
>I SAW A SHORT SEGMENT ON THE DISNEY CHANEL ABOUT A MAN WHO COULD REMOVE
>CONTAMINATES FROM WATER BY USING A SERIES OF  DIFFERENT PLANTS TO CLEAN
>THE WATER.
>
>WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THIS?
>

>-
>  JAMES GRAVELY  XXSR22A at prodigy.com

	We call this process 'bioremediation'.  I can't give you specific
details of the plants and chemicals they 'trap', but I know that it is being
studied and used for reclaiming both water and soil.  Some plants breakdown
toxic chemicals, other plants simply bind them and must be removed from the
soil or water to remove the toxins.  Neat subject!  Have a good time.

_kathleen_heldreth_  (Heldreth at esvax.dnet.dupont.com)