HELP! Resurrection Plant, Rose of Jericho, Selaginellacae?

Marco_Bleeker mbleeker at euronet.nl
Mon Feb 13 22:00:06 EST 1995

  Hi George,

>I have been going nuts looking for information on a plant species
>commonly known as the Rose of Jericho or Resurrection plant.  I found a
>printed reference in "Arid Land Plant Resources", Texas Tech University
>Press, 1978 that identified it as Selaginella leipidophylla but I can't
>find any other references to it.

  S.  lepidophylla.  I am sure it is a Selaginella species.  Don't know
about any scientific synonyms, but if there is one, it is within this genus.

  This plant is available on the dutch market for house-plants, especially
this time of year, starting from Christmas-time on.  What I am interested in,
is wether it is propagated at all, or is it just a case of nature being
plundered  ?

  bye, Marco