endangered thistle: info.request

IanTTay ianttay at aol.com
Sat Feb 18 00:51:36 EST 1995

My CALPIRG (Cali. Public Interest Research Group) chapter is helping out
with the Adopt a Species program and has fifteen California
endangered/threatened species to find "parents" for. One of them is called
the Ashland Thistle, Cirsium aliolatum, and I haven't been able to find it
listed in the _Jepson Manual_ or the California Native Plant Society's
_Survey of Endangered, Threatened and Rare Plants_. I desperately need
some basic information on this species by next week and am beginning to
wonder if it even exists. Please e-mail me at this account or at my other:
<ittaylor at ucdavis.edu> if you can give me such information and a source to
back it up, or just a likely source. I would greatly appreciate any help.

~~Ian