<<DO ELECTROMAGNETIC FIELDS INHIBIT PLANT GROWTH?>>

Williams ab49 at ab49.cityscape.co.uk
Sat Feb 25 11:41:31 EST 1995

At the moment I am doing an investigation on the effects of
electromagnetic fields on plant growth. I have noticed particularly, that
germination is severely inhibited by the presence of magnetic fields - i.e.
only 2 out of 250 cress seeds germinated with a field, whereas 214 out
of 250 in the control germinated. Interesting eh?

I was just wondering if any experiments like this have been carried out in
the past and what happened? I heard recently that an ELF transmitter for
transmitting signals to submarines has significantly increased growth in
surrounding plants (in New Scientist). Anyone know of any other strange
things happening like that?

Basically I need some background information to include in my write-up
so any references, particularly any on the net would be incredibly
gratefully received, as would any advice.

Thanks a lot,

John