I had a dream...

Peter Jordan pjordan at cab013.cs.ualberta.ca
Sat Feb 25 03:55:13 EST 1995

thargie at thargie.xs4all.nl writes:

>Hello!

>Would it be possible to isolate the genetic material
>which is responsoble for the production of THC and THC9
>and introduce it in e.g. Lattice or a tobacco plant?

>Just think... a field full of lattice!
>Who would suspect? :-)

>                         )
>                        (        (    (
>                    )            )    )
>                   (     |||||||     (
>                        ( O   O )
>                 ____oOO___(_)___OOo____
>                (                       )
>                 )      *THE END*        (
>                (                       )
>                 )                     (
>                (|||||||||||||||||||||||)
>## CrossPoint v3.02 ##

Probably, but you would have to insert all the genes for the
metabolic pathway and then get them to be expressed.
Yeast would be a better target organism (if I'm not making this up).

MAybe you could make an allopolyploid between Humulus (Hops) and
Cannabis (Pots).

	Take a nuclei from each cell, and combine
			them into one cell.

If I don't get the job I applied for, this is what I am going to try to do.

I only ever have to work with marijuana seeds, so the fuzz would probably
stay away or at least have a darn time getting any evidence before

	[ G U L P ]

... before I had a plant which behaved as a seperate species and thus
no longer covered by Pot cultivation laws.

Any one have a lab with an inverted stage microscope, a micromanipulator
and plant tissue culture stuff they could let me use.

Resume available on request.

Peter Jordan
(pjordan at cab013.cs.ualberta.ca)