I had a dream...

Jason Tiscione jason at cnj.digex.net
Mon Feb 27 20:17:55 EST 1995

pjordan at cab013.cs.ualberta.ca (Peter Jordan) writes:

>jason at cnj.digex.net (Jason Tiscione) writes:
>>I heard that the government tried to do this, in an effort to make a hops
>>plant with the physical properties of marijuana (fibrosity), without the
>>awful THC content that they seem to dislike so much.  The resulting
>>hybrid wasn't exactly what the government wanted: a hops plant with no
>>fibrosity, and slightly elevated concentrations of some non-psychoactive
>>cannabinoids that are naturally found in hops.  You can't win.

>Hmm,  Iwouldn't think it would be near as hard to selectively breed it
>from there. Time yes, money  ..... not much.
>	Mail order potential of seeds .... phenomenal.
>>>If I don't get the job I applied for, this is what I am going to try to do.
>Peter Jordan

The biggest flaw in your plan is that the government is aware of the
possibility of such a scheme.  Try a mail order business where you sell
ordinary hops seeds, and count the days before they show up with a warrant.
Even though hops, per se, is completely legal, it has an unofficial
status as a potential drug precursor, and will attract a lot of unwanted
"unofficial" attention.  If your hops seeds ever become psychoactive
because of your botanical eugenics, unofficial will become official
pretty fast.                                 Jason