Western Floras

Al Stangenberger forags at smokey.Berkeley.EDU
Tue Jan 3 17:54:44 EST 1995

Patrick Coin (COIN at NIEHS.NIH.GOV) wrote:
: In article <2JAN95.15363735>, jbeckert at sallie.wellesley.edu wrote:

: >         For reference:  something comparable to the east-coast "Gray's
: > Manual of Botany" or Gleason & Cronquist's "Manual of Vascular Plants".
: There is a new book called "Jepson Manual: Higher Plants of California" or
: something like that. I haven't seen it. It can be ordered from LA Audubon
: Society for about $70 (write me if you want address). Has anybody used
: this? If so, how does it compare to Munz's work mentioned by another
: poster?

I haven't used the new Jepson, but my friends who have say it is a lot better
than Munz and Keck.  (Incidentally it is published by U.C. Press in Berkeley
(800) 822-6657).

--
Al Stangenberger                      Univ. of California at Berkeley
forags at nature.berkeley.edu            Dept. of Env. Sci., Policy, & Mgt.