plants and cats.

sdigby at TIGGER.STCLOUD.MSUS.EDU sdigby at TIGGER.STCLOUD.MSUS.EDU
Wed Jan 4 12:19:21 EST 1995

In article <jlibson-0301951442300001 at bifp29.ncsa.uiuc.edu>, jlibson at ncsa.uiuc.edu (Joe) writes:

>My roomate's cat really likes our houseplants, but our houseplants do not
>enjoy being eaten by the (thrice cursed) cat.  Does anyone know of some
>sort of spray that one can use to keep a cat away from a plant?  I would
>like it to be some sort of "natural" chemical if possible.
>
>Please email or post if you have any other good ideas for keeping a cat
>away (besides frontal assaults on the cat).

One method that works for some cats:  use a blender and grind up some very hot
peppers in water.  Filter enough that the pieces do not block the sprayer and
spritz the plants with the hot pepper water.  Will need to do this every day
until the cat gets the idea - of course if the cat is contrary enough it will
develop a taste for hot peppers.
Stephanie