Hydroponic carnivores

Oeser oeser at aol.com
Sun Jan 8 01:25:09 EST 1995

I asked this question on the carnivorous plant mailing list, and I got
several responses, but didn't really get an answer. So I will try here.
 I am interested in trying to grow carnivorous plants in either
hydroculture pots or an active hydroponic system. While I think it will
probably work, what I am unsure of is what type of nutrient solution to
use. Would a nitrogen free solution using distilled water work, or would I
also have to eliminate some other nutrients as well? I am primarily
thinking of trying Nepenthes, tropical Droseras, and tropical Pinguiculas.

  Thanks in advance,
   E. George Oeser
  oeser at aol.com