When's the best time to prune?

Jerry Heverly heverlyj at ccnet.com
Sun Jan 8 20:14:44 EST 1995

ANDERSON, MATTHEW C (mca575a at summa.tamu.edu) wrote:
: Having gotten conflicting reports from various sources, I put the problem to
: the assembled knowledge here: when is the best time of year to prune woody
: shrubs and trees?

	IMO, depends on 1)species of plant, 2)what you want to
accomplish(more fruit/less fruit? for instance), 3)common pathogens you
need to look out for, 4)seasonal cost of labor, 5)other impacted
flora/fauna(birds?), and probably two or three other factors I've
forgotten about.
Jerry Heverly, Instr. of hort, Diablo Valley College, Pleasant Hill, CA

Jerry Heverly, Oakland, CA