Tips on Keeping a Poinsettia Alive

Mark J. Hovenden mark_jh at plant.utas.edu.au
Thu Jan 12 23:48:25 EST 1995

In article <kcurr-0701951925340001 at ppp171.cyberspace.com>,
kcurr at cyberspace.com (kcurr) wrote:

> There is a time table to follow in the fall for getting their leaves to
> turn color for Christmas. It was kind of a bother so we don't do it
> anymore and let them do it naturally in the early spring/summer.

Why not move to Australia?  Our poinsettia flowers like mad at exactly the
right time of year.  AND Christmas is peak flowering period for Tasmanian
native plants, particularly those from the highlands!

Anyway poinsettias should be thoroughly soaked every few days, and please
don't let them wilt because wilting is an indication that things have
already gone too far for the plant in question.

Mark J. Hovenden                            mark_jh at plant.utas.edu.au
Dept. of Plant Science                      ph: +61 02 20 2371
University of Tasmania                      FAX +61 02 20 2698
GPO Box 252C
Hobart TAS 7001
Australia