science fair. mike

Jennifer Fruhbauer fruhbaur at alpha1.csd.uwm.edu
Mon Jan 16 16:38:16 EST 1995

BeeTyore (eeyore at wpi.WPI.EDU) wrote:
: >My name is Mike. I am working on a 7yh grade science fair project. My
: >problem is: Does caffeine effect the growth of raddish plants?Would you
: >give me advice or information on caffeine> Thank you.

: 	Seems to me like the simplest thing to do is germinate radish
: seeds and feed them with either Coke or caffeine-free Coke (or any

argh...there are so many other "things" in soda that could or could not
affect the growth, what might be better would be to dissolve a vivrin (or
other caffine tablet) in water and use that to treat the test group, and
give the control group plain old water...try using distilled water too, to
avoid any other chemicals found in tap water (florine, chlorine, etc...)

jennifer