Potentilla sp. and Fragaria sp.

Ugur Bal abrbal at reading.ac.uk
Mon Jan 16 07:39:37 EST 1995

Dear Memebers of the Group,

I wish everyone a happy new year and a succesful term.

I actually send this post earlier and did not get any answer which was
probably because everybody was on holiday. So I would like to renew my
question as to whereabouts of some Potentilla sp and Fragaria sp..

Since most of the following species are found only in private
collections I need some help to find out the seeds of the following
species which will be used in my experiments:

Potentilla fruticosa (2n=4x=28; has got to be a tetraploid)
Potentilla reptans
Potentilla anserina
Potentilla erecta
Potentilla rupestris
Potentilla glandulosa
Potentilla nepalensis

Duchesnea indica

Fragaria vesca rosea (2n=2x=14; pink petalled)
Fragaria americana alba (2n=2x=14)
Fargaria chiloensis
Fragaria wirginiana
Fragaria moschata

P.S. I am desperate for the tetraploid Potentilla fruticosa

Thank you very much

Ugur Bal
PO Box 221 Whiteknights
Department of Agricultural Botany