science fair. mike

Biomancer barosb at alleg.edu
Tue Jan 17 16:01:52 EST 1995

Jennifer Fruhbauer writes
BeeTyore (eeyore at wpi.WPI.EDU) wrote:
: >My name is Mike. I am working on a 7yh grade science fair project. My
: >problem is: Does caffeine effect the growth of raddish plants?Would
you give me advice or information on caffeine> Thank you.

: 	Seems to me like the simplest thing to do is germinate radish
: seeds and feed them with either Coke or caffeine-free Coke (or any

argh...there are so many other "things" in soda that could or could not
affect the growth, what might be better would be to dissolve a vivrin
(or other caffine tablet) in water and use that to treat the test group,
and give the control group plain old water...try using distilled water
too, to avoid any other chemicals found in tap water (florine, chlorine,
etc...)

jennifer

--I agree...and having a liquid other than pop (as we call it back home)
will also prevent bacteria and fungi from moving in.

Brandi Baros
barosb at alleg.edu
--BIOMANCER--
"O mighty warrior of great fighting stock,
Might I inquire to ask...'What's up, Doc?'"
-Bugs Bunny in "What's Opera, Doc?"